Gamification is the concept of applying game mechanics and game design techniques to engage and motivate people to achieve individual or organizational goals.
Gamification taps into the basic desires and needs of the users impulses which revolve around the idea of social recognition and achievement.
Gamification In the Principality is viewed as the use of public platforms to encourage innovative solutions to community challenges.
Innovation is tied to a specific mindset of generating potential solutions to the challenges of the the community of Laàs.
The platforms are both physical (the castle, the public squares, cultural events, the pop-up marketplace…) and digital (the social media strategy, the case study, the on-line game…).
The role of these platforms is to help focus the community’s attention on how to co-construct the future of their Principality.
Although this vision is underpinned by the rather intellectual concepts of design thinking and s reasoning, the rules of the game are simple. In the words of the Prince : Have fun, live your dreams, and work for the common good!
Gamification techniques strive to leverage people's natural passion for competition, achievement, status, and collaboration.
- Gamification to drive desired user behaviors that are advantageous to their brand.
- Rewards such as Badges and Points are used to elevate Status by showcasing the talents, expertise, and accomplishments of users.
- Competition is another technique that can be used in gamification. The desire to appear on the leaderboard drives players to complete more tasks, in turn fueling deeper engagement
- Gartner, By 2015, More Than 50 Percent of Organizations That Manage Innovation Processses Will Gamify Those Processes
- A Brief History of Gamification
- How Gamification and Big Data are Driving Business Today